Phoenix DUI Lawyer
If you have been charged with a drunk driving offense in Phoenix, it is important that you take the time to speak with an experienced and knowledgeable attorney who knows how to handle DUI-related cases. After you have been charged with a drunk driving crime, your case will be pursued by the prosecutor's office. The prosecutors involved in the case are very unlikely to dismiss the case or reduce the charges you are facing. That is why it is so crucial that you speak with a Phoenix DUI lawyer who knows how to defend you and uphold your legal rights. The last think you want to experience is overly harsh consequences including jail time, extensive fines, probation, loss of license and more. With the help of an aggressive attorney, you could be able to avoid overzealous punishment.
Possible Defenses for DUI Charges
At the Knowles Law Firm, they are dedicated to handling every DUI case with great care and precision, and work tirelessly to defend clients facing this type of criminal charge in Phoenix. Any DUI attorney will tell you that there are ways of defending you against these charges, but only a first-rate attorney can present defenses that are actually effective. Attorney Anthony Knowles has been working on cases involving drunk driving charges for almost 10 years and has successfully used been able to avoid conviction for his clients.
If you have been arrested and charged with drunk driving in Phoenix, he may be able to come up with a defense that will work for your case. There are numerous aspects which will need to be examined by your lawyer before they can decide which defense to use, but after a thorough evaluation is completed, you may be happy to learn that you have a possible defense to DUI charges. The following are some common defenses to DUI charges used by attorneys in Phoenix:
- The officer was lacking probable cause. If the arresting officer did not have legal cause to stop, detain, and arrest you, you may be able to have the evidence against you suppressed.
- You were not read your Miranda rights. If an officer fails to read you your rights before arresting you, it is a violation of your rights and your case may be dismissed as a result.
- The DUI testing was not accurate. Blood alcohol tests and breathalyzer tests are not always 100% accurate and if improperly administered or handled, the results can be inaccurate.
- The testing was done during the absorptive phase. Blood, breath, and urine tests can be unreliable if a person is still actively absorbing alcohol.
No matter what the circumstances of your charges are, it is best to speak with an experienced Phoenix DUI attorney before you give up on your case. With a skilled and aggressive legal professional on your side, you may be able to fight your DUI charges and avoid the penalties of a conviction.
What if it is my first DUI offense?
Prosecutors are not going to "go easy" on you if this is your first offense. Even for an individual who has no prior criminal record, a DUI charge can be extremely serious. You need an attorney who is willing to go to trial to defend your rights, your record and your good name. Questions that an experienced lawyer might ask to help build your case may involve the following:
- Whether or not you were subjected to an unlawful traffic stop
- What type of tests were administered and whether they were administered properly.
- Whether or not you were read your rights (Miranda rights).
- Whether you have an underlying medical condition that could have affected your performance.
- Whether the officer accurately tested your blood alcohol content.
The legal team at the Knowles Law Firm is very experienced in handling all types of DUI cases throughout Phoenix and the surrounding area and knows the best ways in which to challenge DUI evidence. When you need a solid defense, you can count on them.
Contact a Phoenix DUI lawyer at the Knowles Law Firm today to learn about the possible defenses to your drunk driving charge!